Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Out On A Limb

So, I went to Santa Cruz and was stuck in this bar watching grunge videos and it was like, not that rad. Except that I discovered this new song that is ....well I don't know what it is. It's called "Touch, Peel and Stand" by this band called Days Of the New. It's this awful grunge song that has everything that is bad about grunge in it, and this song makes me want to puke, but because its so creepy. This song is straight up about bored cruelty, which I think is a really frightening and personal concept...I know for me its always hovering at the edges, you know ?

The video for it is also really evocation of my hell...bored in an ugly, ugly house watching a stupid grunge video.




And just for some inspiration, here's the Pearl Jam "Do the Evolution" video, which is just pretty rad. Where do I meet that Nagel girl, and how do I become her friend ?

No comments: